These files are an ongoing effort to sort, organize or just plain add text to SACD albums in ISO format.
They are made possible by the sacd_metabase tag reader/writer incorporated in foo_input_sacd,
programmed by Maxim Anisiutkin. The contents of these files may change as I add more information
- just overwrite any older files with these newer ones (unless you haven't added any tags yourself, in
which case you'll just want to add files that are not present on your computer yet.)
Plug-ins used for tagging:
1. Copy all files to %appdata%\Roaming\foobar2000\sacd_metabase
2. Refresh the tag info îf necessary:
Add all your SACD ISOs to a playlist, select them, right-click and do "Reload info from file(s)" under "Tagging".
Tagging System used:
- Semicolon must be used as separator to get split database entries
- "Date" shows the date of first release or recording
- "Genre" shows genres AND styles. Most used are
Classical; Pop; Rock; Progressive Rock; Jazz; SynthPop; Reggae; Modern Classical, Soundtrack etc.
- For Classical recordings, the composer is put in "Album Artist" and the performer in "Artist", if the whole
recording is from the same composer. If the Performer is the same throughout the disc, but performs
different composers, the fields are exchanged, i.e. composer goes into "Artist".
- (SACD 2.0) etc. is appended to the album title so foobar shows different mixes in separate groups. This
is especially helpful when tagging Dynamic Range and Replaygain values.
- Any information pertaining to the actual release is written to discogs_ tags for convenience, even if the
disc is not in the discogs database. This may include year, label, country and catalog no.
I hope you find these files useful, many hours of work have gone into formatting them. This is my small contribution to the community. Thanks go out to all you PS3 heroes (you know who you are) of course Maxim for his great work on the foobar SACD plugin.