RIPS is a static source code analyser for the detection of vulnerabilities in PHP applications. It was released 2010 during the Month of PHP Security (www.php-security.org).
NOTE: RIPS 0.5 development is abandoned. A complete rewrite with OOP support and higher precision is available at https://www.ripstech.com
- detect XSS, SQLi, File disclosure, LFI/RFI, RCE vulnerabilities and more
- 5 verbosity levels for debugging your scan results
- mark vulnerable lines in source code viewer
- highlight variables in the code viewer
- user-defined function code by mouse-over on detected call
- active jumping between function declaration and calls
- list of all user-defined functions (defines and calls), program entry points (user input) and scanned files (with includes) connected to the source code viewer
- graph visualization for files and includes as well as functions and calls
- create CURL exploits for detected vulnerabilties with few clicks
- visualization, description, example, PoC, patch and securing function list for every vulnerability
- 7 different syntax highlighting colour schemata
- display scan result in form of a top-down flow or bottom-up trace
- only minimal requirement is a local webserver with PHP and a browser (tested with Firefox)
- regex search function
Object-oriented code is not supported.
This tool is quite useless. Developers who would benefit from this tool, would never write non-object-oriented code in a system large enough to require such an audit. And developers who only write procedural code would not know what to do with this information.