CRC RevEng is a portable, arbitrary-precision CRC calculator and algorithm finder. It calculates CRCs using any of the 102 preset algorithms, or a user-specified algorithm to any width. It calculates reversed CRCs to give the bit pattern that produces a desired forward CRC. CRC RevEng also reverse-engineers any CRC algorithm from sufficient correctly formatted message-CRC pairs and optional known parameters. It comprises powerful input interpretation options. Compliant with Ross Williams' Rocksoft(tm) model of parametrised CRC algorithms.
- Reverse-engineers CRC algorithms
- Arbitrary precision, calculates and solves CRCs of any bit width
- Bit oriented, accepts messages of any bit length
- Handles binary, octal, hex, and text input strings, 7-bit and 8-bit files
- Calculates CRCs forwards or backwards, to help produce a desired CRC value
- Define your own algorithm, or use one of 102 traceable presets
- Written in portable C, adapts to most architectures
Nice project for such specific job. It help me to gain much time writing my own to reverse crc of raw data from a sondex memory after GE support avoided to tell me. And finally I could fix the corrupted file.
Really good project! It probably saved me a lot of time ;-).