CRC RevEng is a portable, arbitrary-precision CRC calculator and algorithm finder. It calculates CRCs using any of the 90 preset algorithms, or a user-specified algorithm to any width. It calculates reversed CRCs to give the bit pattern that produces a desired forward CRC. CRC RevEng also reverse-engineers any CRC algorithm from sufficient correctly formatted message-CRC pairs and optional known parameters. It comprises powerful input interpretation options. Compliant with Ross Williams' Rocksoft(tm) model of parametrised CRC algorithms.
- Reverse-engineers CRC algorithms
- Arbitrary precision, calculates and solves CRCs of any bit width
- Bit oriented, accepts messages of any bit length
- Handles binary, octal, hex, and text input strings, 7-bit and 8-bit files
- Calculates CRCs forwards or backwards, to help produce a desired CRC value
- Define your own algorithm, or use one of 90 traceable presets
- Written in portable C, adapts to most architectures
Really good project! It probably saved me a lot of time ;-).