REMnux is a free Linux toolkit for assisting malware analysts with reverse-engineering malicious software. The heart of the project is the lightweight REMnux Linux distribution based on Ubuntu. For details about this distro and usage information, see https://REMnux.org.
- Excellent for running services when performing behavioral malware analysis in a lab.
- Useful for performing static analysis of malicious executables and web pages.
- Includes tools for examining malicious documents, such as Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF files.
- Includes many utilities for memory forensics and reverse-engineering malware.
- Used by many beginner and experienced malware analysts world-wide.
- Get it as a virtual appliance archive for VMware, VirtualBox,etc. and as a Live CD ISO file.
- Incorporated into SANS Institute's FOR610 course on Reverse-Engineering Malware.