The RecordEditor is a Data File editor for Flat Files (delimited and fixed field position). It supports Unix / PC / Legacy (e.g. Mainframe) file formats, both Text and binary files.
The Editor uses a Record-Layout description to format the files. This is ideal for Fixed width (Text or Binary) files, Cobol Data Files, Mainframe files and complicated Csv files. Cobol Copybooks can be used to format Cobol Data files.
As well as an editor, The following utilities are supplied
* Formatted Compare
* File Copy and reformat Utility
* FileWizard this is use to work out the format of a File. It can generally find both Text and binary / packed deicimal fields in a file
For Simple Csv you should look at its sister project reCsvEditor.
Note: The core Editor code is also used in the "Protocol buffers editor" and "Avro Editor"
- Can edit many formats: Binary Cobol, Mainframe, Text, Csv and Xml
- Can file export as Fixed, Csv, Xml and Html
- Edits Files with Cobol Copybook
- Copy Files from one format to another
- Compare files in different formats (e.g. Mainframe to Xml)
Decent little app. Helped me a lot. One feature request. I spend all this time putting record layouts together, and I have no way to share them. No export, no nuthin.