The RecordEditor is a Data File editor for Flat Files (delimited and fixed field position). It supports Unix / PC / Legacy (e.g. Mainframe) file formats, both Text and binary files.
The Editor uses a Record-Layout description to format the files. This is ideal for Fixed width (Text or Binary) files, Cobol Data Files, Mainframe files and complicated Csv files. Cobol Copybooks can be used to format Cobol Data files.
As well as an editor, The following utilities are supplied
* Formatted Compare
* File Copy and reformat Utility
* FileWizard this is use to work out the format of a File. It can generally find both Text and binary / packed deicimal fields in a file
For Simple Csv you should look at its sister project reCsvEditor.
Note: The core Editor code is also used in the "Protocol buffers editor" and "Avro Editor"
- Can edit many formats: Binary Cobol, Mainframe, Text, Csv and Xml
- Can file export as Fixed, Csv, Xml and Html
- Edits Files with Cobol Copybook
- Copy Files from one format to another
- Compare files in different formats (e.g. Mainframe to Xml)
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Very useful tool, because many programs save info into files that are actually binary, but some fields are textual. In this case RecordEditor comes to the scene to preserve binary format that traditional text editors may damage.
I've used Record Editor for five years. It's an excellent tool. I would highly recommend it.
Record-editor is excellent! Thanks.