Serial terminal program for engineering. Ideal for development, reverse engineering, debugging, datalogging and capture, and automatic test.
The website is a comprehensive manual for Realterm.
It has an comprehensive ActiveX/COM automation support so it can be used a serial component by other programs.
An extensive commandline interface supports batch files and simple automatic test programming. Commands can be sent to running instances, and commands can be stored and run in files.
[ActiveX](http://realterm.sourceforge.net/index.html#ActiveX_Interface) and [Command Line](http://realterm.sourceforge.net/index.html#Command_Line_Parameters) commands are well documented.
Sourceforge major releases are only made occasionally. To follow development versions see News and subscribe.
- Support for Comm Ports, Virtual/USB comports & TCP / Telnet connections.
- [I2C](http://www.i2cchip.com),SPI,1-Wire Bus control support
- Binary display modes -Hex,Int,Float,Signed/Unsigned,
- Capturing and sending files
- Syncing and Timestamps
- Full activeX interface and full command-line control. Command and INI files. Use as a serial port component for other programs. (Excel etc)
- Bridging between two ports/tcps and Monitoring modes using second Echo Port
- Normal, MiniTerminal, Fullscreen, Invisible (tray) views
- Send String shortcuts and Global Hotkeys, CRC's and Checksums
Very versatile but So so Windows tenny. pretty, lots of bells and whistles but missed the mark. While capturing it wouldnt echo to the terminal whether it was in direct or terminal capture mode. Id really like to know if the data is actually there without turning off a 5 hour long capture. Now for some odd reason it decided to show characters but no longer shows the cr lf or ff characters it was. sigh so confusing. Program was needed as i do serial communications to my battery voltage monitors for my solar system. I wont be able to use this much as i cant trust it to get real time data while capturing. Bottom line fancy but not a techies dream. Cant trust it to work same twice.
Easy to use, loads of useful features, a solid design, and even good active support and development.
The product seems to have a bunch of features, but the fact that you can't bridge a com port without an extra component is an issue for me. Support seems to be virtually non-existant. I made the required contribution via paypal, but yet no link to the required dll is provided. Worse yet, no communication what-so-ever.
This is a great program. It has become my favorite. Installed fine on Win7 64bit. Would have given it 5 stars if there was a way to set the font and colors.
This is great. All the years I used Tera Term and I could have been using RealTerm. Wow.