Serial terminal program for engineering. Ideal for development, reverse engineering, debugging, datalogging and capture, and automatic test.
The website is a comprehensive manual for Realterm.
It has an comprehensive ActiveX/COM automation support so it can be used a serial component by other programs.
An extensive commandline interface supports batch files and simple automatic test programming. Commands can be sent to running instances, and commands can be stored and run in files.
[ActiveX](http://realterm.sourceforge.net/index.html#ActiveX_Interface) and [Command Line](http://realterm.sourceforge.net/index.html#Command_Line_Parameters) commands are well documented.
Sourceforge major releases are only made occasionally. To follow development versions see News and subscribe.
- Support for Comm Ports, Virtual/USB comports & TCP / Telnet connections.
- [I2C](http://www.i2cchip.com),SPI,1-Wire Bus control support
- Binary display modes -Hex,Int,Float,Signed/Unsigned,
- Capturing and sending files
- Syncing and Timestamps
- Full activeX interface and full command-line control. Command and INI files. Use as a serial port component for other programs. (Excel etc)
- Bridging between two ports/tcps and Monitoring modes using second Echo Port
- Normal, MiniTerminal, Fullscreen, Invisible (tray) views
- Send String shortcuts and Global Hotkeys, CRC's and Checksums
Easy to use, loads of useful features, a solid design, and even good active support and development.
The product seems to have a bunch of features, but the fact that you can't bridge a com port without an extra component is an issue for me. Support seems to be virtually non-existant. I made the required contribution via paypal, but yet no link to the required dll is provided. Worse yet, no communication what-so-ever.
This is a great program. It has become my favorite. Installed fine on Win7 64bit. Would have given it 5 stars if there was a way to set the font and colors.
This is great. All the years I used Tera Term and I could have been using RealTerm. Wow.