Serial terminal program for engineering. Ideal for development, reverse engineering, debugging, datalogging and capture, and automatic test.
The website is a comprehensive manual for Realterm.
It has an comprehensive ActiveX/COM automation support so it can be used a serial component by other programs.
An extensive commandline interface supports batch files and simple automatic test programming. Commands can be sent to running instances, and commands can be stored and run in files.
[ActiveX](http://realterm.sourceforge.net/index.html#ActiveX_Interface) and [Command Line](http://realterm.sourceforge.net/index.html#Command_Line_Parameters) commands are well documented.
Sourceforge major releases are only made occasionally. To follow development versions see News and subscribe.
- Support for Comm Ports, Virtual/USB comports & TCP / Telnet connections.
- [I2C](http://www.i2cchip.com),SPI,1-Wire Bus control support
- Binary display modes -Hex,Int,Float,Signed/Unsigned,
- Capturing and sending files
- Syncing and Timestamps
- Full activeX interface and full command-line control. Command and INI files. Use as a serial port component for other programs. (Excel etc)
- Bridging between two ports/tcps and Monitoring modes using second Echo Port
- Normal, MiniTerminal, Fullscreen, Invisible (tray) views
- Send String shortcuts and Global Hotkeys, CRC's and Checksums
- Phone Unlocking support for Samsung and others
Works as advertised.
I have been using RealTerm for almost 15 years and it is the greatest most easiest to use amazingly functional terminal software hands down! We do industrial automation systems and RealTerm has been an vital part in our applications for testing serial communications between control devices. I don't know what we would do without it! Many Thanks to the designers for helping us and making our jobs easier.
I used to send many commands line by line manually until I find this program. It can send many comands with one click by put commands into one hex file. And it can explain rx data in 7bits , I just need this feature. It's a really good program.
Very nice software. Easy and simple. If you are looking for a complete IDE for batch files see Batch Compiler (batch-compiler). Converts BAT to EXE. Freeware. Real compiling + Draw graphics with Advance Commands!
Very versatile but So so Windows tenny. pretty, lots of bells and whistles but missed the mark. While capturing it wouldnt echo to the terminal whether it was in direct or terminal capture mode. Id really like to know if the data is actually there without turning off a 5 hour long capture. Now for some odd reason it decided to show characters but no longer shows the cr lf or ff characters it was. sigh so confusing. Program was needed as i do serial communications to my battery voltage monitors for my solar system. I wont be able to use this much as i cant trust it to get real time data while capturing. Bottom line fancy but not a techies dream. Cant trust it to work same twice.