The Model Operations Processing System (MOPS) has been designed to assist operations on model railroads. It has the look and feel of mainframe systems that would have been in used in the late 20th century.
- Industries that generate goods for movement; and request empty cars/wagons to be supplied, or full cars/wagons to be sent
- MOPS replicates loading and unloading times, and ensures that a commodity can only be loaded/unloaded into appropriate cars/wagons
- Trains can be scheduled, run and monitored against a normal or fast clock: timetables support daily differences and even holidays.
- Trains can be built from individual cars/wagons or in blocks of cars for ease of use; and multiple-unit (set) working is also supported
- Cars/wagons and locomotives have maintenance requirements; and locomotives also have fueling requirements
- MOPS also includes both automatic and user alerting – if there’s an issue, you can let everyone know at once.
A good package, and it has a proper "period" feel, but there are areas where maintenance is needed.
Thanks for Railmops, it's wonderful!