Release Name: 1.1
This release contains a few more visual cues to make administation
easier. It also includes improvements to Advanced Training and
Bug Fixes and code improvement:
* Technology Transfer is no longer all or nothing. Previously, if
a component didn't quite reach 75% Safety it would give you no
tech transfer at all. Now it will give partial tech transfer,
proportional to the current level of Safety. (feature #3497605)
* Advanced Training has been significantly improved. Previously
it had several rough edges, possibly because it was seldom used.
The following improvements have been made:
- Advanced Training now gives 1 point of skill after 2 turns
(that is, it gives half credit halfway through), and another
point at the end of training--before, it gave nothing at all
until all four turns were up, then gave the full 2 points at
the end (feature #3512556).
- The game now doesn't let you send someone to Advanced for a
skill they already have a 4 in, since they can't benefit from
it (feature #3497595).
- Anyone sent to Advanced for a skill they have a 3 in will now
go straight to Advanced III, since they can only gain one
more point in that skill anyway (feature #3497595).
- When someone is withdrawn early, the player receives a refund
of the 3MB spent to send them there: 3MB if Advanced I, 2MB
if Advanced II, 1MB if Advanced III.
- Someone withdrawn from Advanced I or II (who won't have
gained any skill points yet) can be sent to Advanced at a
future time (previously this was not allowed).
* When you assign crews to a mission, the relevant skills of each
crew member are now highlighted, just like in the capsule/shuttle
* Basic and Advanced Training now show 'naut morale (feature
* The R&D and Purchasing screens now indicate when research is
temporarily stronger or weaker due to newscast (feature #3497580).
* The R&D and Purchasing screens now indicate when a component holds
a Failure Avoidance card (feature #3517592).
* To make it a bit easier to use keyboard shortcuts, more buttons
now show a letter in a different color to indicate that pressing
that key will activate the button.