QUAST performs fast and convenient quality evaluation and comparison of genome assemblies.
QUAST computes a number of well-known metrics, including contig accuracy, number of genes discovered, N50, and others, as well as introducing new ones, like NA50 (see details in the paper and in the manual). A comprehensive analysis results in summary tables (in plain text, tab-separated and LaTeX formats) and colorful plots. The tool also produces web-based reports condensing all information in one easy to navigate file.
QUAST has an intuitive command-line interface and a detailed manual to help users run it and understand its output. Furthermore, the Lab started a Beta version of web-QUAST at http://quast.bioinf.spbau.ru/ which makes quality evaluation even more simple.
QUAST and MetaQUAST (extension for metagenomic assemblies) papers were published in Bioinformatics.
- web-based reports, tables in plain txt, tab-separated and LaTeX formats
- colorful plots and histograms
- quality evaluation with and without a reference genome
- quality evaluation of metagenomic assemblies
- interactive contig browser
Be the first to post a review of QUAST!