Abstracts the hassle of HW accelerated decoding in Intel's 2nd generation Core i3/i5/i7/Pentium/Celeron (SandyBridge) or newer Intel CPU/GPU using the Intel QuickSync technology.
Started as an internal decoder within FFDShow. Can be easily ported to other DirectShow decoders.
The Intel QuickSync decoder is now used within FFDShow, LAV video decoder and PotPlayer.
- Wicked fast and low power HW accelerated decoding using Intel’s QuickSync technologies.
- Decodes H264, MPEG2, VC-1, WMV9. DVD playback not supported.
- Supports HW deinterlacing.
- Supports HW denoise and detail filters
- Time stamp correction.
- Decodes variable frame rate video.
- Inverse telecine.
- Multi GPU or hybrid GPU support (Intel HW decoder + discrete renderer).
- Abstracts HW acceleration trickery – used like a standard SW decoder.
- Open source and free for all (BSD license for the QuickSync decoder and GPL for FFDShow).
There are no 3 star reviews.