QRadioPredict is an experimental software for VHF-UHF propagation prediction and radio coverage analysis. Currently it works on Linux and Windows 32 bit (Vista tested).
Can be used as a repeater site planing tool.
Uses OpenStreetMap tiles or public sattelite imagery as background.
Elevation profiles are taken from NASA 1 degree SRTM 3 arcsec elevation files (*.hgt) obtainable from various sources.
Uses a new algorithm for glound clutter attenuation prediction, based on a ray model. Terrain type data is taken from Corine CLC2006 shapefiles, which gives great accuracy for all of Europe, or from any other land cover data such as VMAP0 shapefiles.
Has an internal APRS client which can be used to display stations as a landmark.
Can use antenna radiation patterns generated by 4NEC2 or other NEC2 compatible antenna modelling programs.
QRadioPredict can operate as a traditional standalone program or can be connected to Flightgear for real-time radio analysis.
- Static signal plot coverage, distance configurable
- Up to four ground stations and one mobile station
- Uses public available data
- Predicts radio signal quality on different frequencies simultaneously
- Can be connected to Flightgear to use its powerful radio capabilities
- Displays APRS stations according to a time filter configurable by the user
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of QRadioPredict!