QChartist is an open source technical analysis software. Its purpose is to provide a complete set of tools to perform technical analysis on charts and data. It helps to make forecasts mainly for markets but can also be used for weather or any quantifiable data. The program is flexible and its functionalities can be easily extended. You can draw geometrical shapes on your charts or plot programmable indicators from your data. It is also possible to filter or merge data. I got a little inspired from MT4 allowing a fairly easy portability of programmed indicators from MT4 to QChartist. It is now faster and much more professional thanks to the use of a C++ layer (used mostly for calculations) over the standard Basic layer (used mostly for the GUI interface). You can use astro indicators and functions from a library for astronomical calculations. You can get realtime quotations thanks to perl scripts.
- fast C++ computations
- astro libraries with indicators and wheel interface
- easily programmable with both Basic and C++
- many source examples and all tools you need to extend functionnalities are on the website
- MT4 indicators can be easily ported
- getting realtime quotes (currencies, stocks) or data (temperature, ...) is possible thanks to the use of Perl scripts that are included
- many efficient custom indicators are included
- indicators can use multiple timeframes alltogether
- many drawing tools, which are persistent and readjusted even when you scroll the chart
- many useful functions that can be reused for new indicators, modules, improvements
- you can automate the analysis process
Be the first to post a review of QChartist!