An advanced and multi-platform BitTorrent client with a nice Qt user interface as well as a Web UI for remote control and an integrated search engine. qBittorrent aims to meet the needs of most users while using as little CPU and memory as possible.
- Simultaneous download of multiple torrents
- Integrated torrent search engine
- Integrated RSS feed reader and downloader
- Good internationalization
- DHT, PeX, Encryption, LSD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, µTP
- Cross platform (Linux, Mac Os, Windows)
- Very lightweight
- Torrent queueing and prioritizing
- Control over files in a torrent (filtering, prioritizing)
- Nice µTorrent-like interface with Qt4 toolkit (qBittorrent v2.x)
- IP filtering (eMule dat files or PeerGuardian files)
- Peer display with country and hostname resolution (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Advanced control over torrent trackers (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Closest open source equivalent to µTorrent (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Torrent creation tool
- Remote control through Secure Web User Interface
3.3.6 Seems very solid. My download speeds are faster.
Downloaded v3.3.4 and did a routine VirusTotalScanner check and both Opencandy-31 and W32.NSISSmall.5D9C were detected. Not good :(
The last working(properly) version was 3.2.5, after that I can't download any torrent. Tried fresh on different computers, on my computer ...same result So I'll stick until they fix this thing(that's why I'm putting 1 star, full stars for version 3.2.5 but for the latest? ...1 star is too much)
Outstanding program when it come to it's Function, but, the UI when it comes to controlling font sizes stinks. On Linux I can increase or decrease every font, except on Qbittorrent's screen. I have a 2560x1440 monitor and the Qbittorrent screen fonts are so tiny you need a magnify glass to read it. Even at 1920x1080 the fonts are still way to small (unless you are a teenager with 10/10 vision). Even when most apps, including the web browser respond to the key sequence of ctrl++ and ctrl-- to increase or decrease their fonts, Qbittorrent ignores this key combination, WHY? Is there any way to increase the fonts? Any access to Qbittorrent's css where maybe the font size is defined? Running Ubuntu based Linux Mint 17.2 cinnamon.