An advanced and multi-platform BitTorrent client with a nice Qt user interface as well as a Web UI for remote control and an integrated search engine. qBittorrent aims to meet the needs of most users while using as little CPU and memory as possible.
- Simultaneous download of multiple torrents
- Integrated torrent search engine
- Integrated RSS feed reader and downloader
- Good internationalization
- DHT, PeX, Encryption, LSD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, µTP
- Cross platform (Linux, Mac Os, Windows)
- Very lightweight
- Torrent queueing and prioritizing
- Control over files in a torrent (filtering, prioritizing)
- Nice µTorrent-like interface with Qt4 toolkit (qBittorrent v2.x)
- IP filtering (eMule dat files or PeerGuardian files)
- Peer display with country and hostname resolution (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Advanced control over torrent trackers (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Closest open source equivalent to µTorrent (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Torrent creation tool
- Remote control through Secure Web User Interface
[qbittorrent_3.3.6_setup.exe] Contains Adware. Cannot be installed. Walk away. Win.Adware.Opencandy-31 (ClamAV), W32.NSISSmall.5D9C (Bkav), VirusTotal link /en/file/14b6dba7228f54e492bba21d1e0033b51d2ea29d58b38dd148ff119798a0c1fa/analysis/1472868037/
Downloaded v3.3.4 and did a routine VirusTotalScanner check and both Opencandy-31 and W32.NSISSmall.5D9C were detected. Not good :(
The last working(properly) version was 3.2.5, after that I can't download any torrent. Tried fresh on different computers, on my computer ...same result So I'll stick until they fix this thing(that's why I'm putting 1 star, full stars for version 3.2.5 but for the latest? ...1 star is too much) EDIT: tried 3.3.7 latest version, still the same!
Do not download version 3.3.0. It will start randomly moving already completed torrents back into the Default Download directory and totally wipe out any folder structures you had in place. I'm now going to have to spend the next several days moving thousands of files, re-creating folder, and re-checking files. All because they can't perform some of the simplest regression testing that should have been done.
Every time qbittorrent 3.1.8 starts I have to force recheck every torrents from (already mounted) ntfs volumes. After rechecking it shows 1200, 500, 600 ratio for torrents. This program is unusable under linux.