Qana is a Java application that encrypts files, text and archives (hierarchically structured sets of files) with a symmetric-key cipher based on established cryptographic algorithms: the scrypt key derivation function and the Fortuna cryptographically secure pseudo-random number generator, with a choice of AES-256 or Salsa20 as the underlying cipher.
* It has an easy-to-use graphical interface, including a straightforward key-management dialog.
* Individual files can be encrypted.
* Text can be edited and encrypted. The encrypted text can be optionally wrapped in XML.
* A hierarchical set of files can be encrypted as an archive, which is stored as a set of encrypted files with generic names, along with an encrypted file of metadata.
* A single file can be split into several encrypted parts.
* Files or text can be encrypted and concealed within an image file.
* A file, text or image can be generated with the same form as an encrypted output but containing garbage.
Be the first to post a review of Qana!