SNMP v1/v2c/v3 engine and apps written in pure-Python.
- Complete SNMPv1/v2c and SNMPv3 engine support
- Can act Manager and/or Agent or Proxy roles
- Manager and Agent side MIBs support
- MIB objects are implemented as Python code snippets
- Automatically downloads and parses ASN.1 MIBs
- Built around an asynchronous I/O core
- Pure-Python implementation
- Runs on Python 2.4 through 3.5
- Shipped with Twisted/Trollius/Asyncio bindings
- Can be wrapped with py2exe
- Includes many example scripts working right away a public SNMP Agent
This project really is fantastic. If you're using SNMP with python, it's really the only choice, and that's not a bad thing at all - the examples are clear, the code is well laid out, and most importantly, it does exactly what it's supposed to do. You can't go wrong with this lib.
Does what it says, and the developer is actively involved in maintaining the code. That is always a great big plus.
Very useful project!
thanks man, great soft!
Does exactly what it says on the tin and once you get the pre-requisites of python-devel installed it is easy to install and use.