Open Source CAM - Toolpath Generation for 3-Axis CNC machining
- read and write STL model files
- engraving of 2D contour models (from SVG/DXF/PS)
- generate GCode
- configurable tools, processes and boundaries
- customizable support bridges
- interactive 3D model view
- engraving single-line fonts
- estimate machine time for each toolpath
- scale, move, rotate, flip and transform 2D/3D models
- 2D projection
- multi-layered 2D models
- extrusion of 2D models with configurable slopes
- non-interactive GCode generation via commandline
- uses multiple CPU cores automatically
- server/client mode for distributed calculations
Great tool! But on windows I cant' load binary .stl, modified Utils\__init__.py: def open(self): if self.is_local(): return open(self.get_local_path(),'rb') then it works fine. But I didn't get the gtk stuff with python 2.7 running, so it would be great to get an updated binary!
Very good Software.
Hy guys :D Please keep on going and coding! At the Moment writing this, Pycam is the only usable and working 3D G-code generator for UNIX based OS´ s!!!
Hi all, just succeeded in installing pycam on openSUSE 12.2 64bit by these steps: 1. zypper install python-opengl python-rsvg 2. google search: opensuse 12.2 python-gtkglext -> download python-gtkglext-1.1.0-126.1.2.x86_64.rpm from xxxx://pkgs.org/opensuse-12.2/opensuse-oss-x86_64/python-gtkglext-1.1.0-126.1.2.x86_64.rpm.html apper install python-gtkglext-1.1.0-126.1.2.x86_64.rpm 3. google search: opensuse 12.2 python-gtk -> download python-gtk-2.24.0-7.1.2.x86_64.rpm xxx://pkgs.org/opensuse-12.2/opensuse-oss-x86_64/python-gtk-2.24.0-7.1.2.x86_64.rpm.html apper install python-gtk-2.24.0-7.1.2.x86_64.rpm 4. download pycam v0.5.1 from xxx://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/pycam/pycam/0.5.1/pycam-0.5.1.tar.gz?r=http%3A%2F%2Fpycam.sourceforge.net%2Fdownload.html&ts=1364911422&use_mirror=ignum extract in /home/userxy/pycam run 'pycam /home/userxy/pycam/pycam' READY
Thanks!The software is great!