PWGen is a professional password generator capable of generating large amounts of cryptographically-secure passwords, pronounceable passwords, pattern-based passwords, and passphrases consisting of words from word lists. It uses a "random pool" technique based on strong cryptography to generate random data from indeterministic user inputs (keystrokes, mouse handling) and volatile system parameters. PWGen provides lots of options to customize passwords to the users' various needs. Additionally, it offers strong text encryption and the creation of random data files (e.g., key files).
- Free and open-source software
- Full Unicode support
- Uses up-to-date cryptography (AES, SHA-256)
- Numerous password options for various purposes
- "Password hasher" functionality (similar to "Hashapass")
- Generation of large amounts of passwords at once
- Generation of passphrases composed of words from word lists
- Generation of phonetic (pronounceable) passwords
- Pattern-based password generation
- Secure text encryption
- Multilingual support
- Unobtrusive, fully portable, runs on all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions
Great utility! Excellent features, but horrendously distorted program icon, ugly, outdated GUI, and just bad overall presentation and appearance. Hire a graphics designer (maybe even on Fiverr), A.S.A.P! Will update this review when programs presentation, appearance, and ease of use improves substantially.