PuppEX Xenial 32 bit is compatible with Ubuntu 16.04, which means that Ubuntu packages for Ubuntu 16.04 can be installed and used in PuppEX. The PuppEX Xenial ISO is of 585 MB.
Kernel 4.7.1-x86-pae-puppex is used in PuppEX Xenial and 4.7.2-x86_64-puppex in PuppEX Slack64.
PuppEX uses the original LxPup Desktop. I have added Google Chrome (for Netflix), Gimp, VLC, Emacs and some development tools
The ISO file is on the whole 585 MB, which is due to me including Gimp, Vlc, Emacs, Google Chrome and some compiling tools. PuppEX Xenial is despite this still running as fast as the original, which means it runs very, very fast compared to most other Linux systems. (Puppy/PuppEX runs from RAM).
MOST important CHANGES in PuppEX Slack64
I've changed kernel from 4.1.11 to 4.7.2-x86_64-puppex and installed NVIDIA Graphics driver 367.35. The Nvidia driver will be used if your computer/card is "modern" enough.
- "Extra" programs: Google Chrome, Vlc, PCManFM, LXTerminal, Nano, Gimp and compilation tools
- Kernel - 4.7.2-x86_64-puppex (in PuppEX Slack64)
- NVIDIA proprietary Graphics driver 367.35 in PuppEX Slack64
- Kernel 4.7.1-x86-pae-puppex in PuppEX Xenial version 160822
- LXDE desktop environment in version 160822
- Stable as the original Puppy Linux
- Compatible with Ubuntu 16.04 respectively Slackware 14.1
- devx_PuppEX_2016.sfs can be loaded in PuppEX Xenial
- devx_puppex_slack64_6.3.2.sfs can be loaded in PuppEX Slack64
- 32 bit (version 160822) and 64 bit (version 160823)
- Google Chrome in version 160822 and 160823 - for Netflix
- Runs from RAM
- Emacs in build 160822
- Compilation tools
- Adobe Flash
There are no 2 star reviews.