ptkdb version 1.230 implements upgrades of existing functions as well as an
handful of new functionalities.
The main goal of this version is to make the debugging job a little bit safer, easier and, i hope, a little bit more agreeable.
That means, when you are debugging, ptkdb shows you what is going on. Thus, ptkdb shows the current state,
synchronises the various output windows and notifies you on unexpected items as well as exceptions.
Further, you may disable some functions if they are not actually suitable for your analysis (i.e. DB-trace, proximity).
Although the complexity of ptkdb reached a critical level, its usage is still self-explanatory.
Nevertheless, a look at the POD section may be helpfull to avoid tedious try and error cycles.
Actually, the beta version of ptkdb 1.230 is on the CVS.
= New functionalities
- decorated code page: variables are emphasized with different
foreground colors depending on their type : scalar, array, hash, reference, glob.
The feature may be activated or deactivated at any time of the session
by means of menu checkbutton 'Data/decorate code'.
- State of the session and of the config file shown on main window.
- New Dialog at the end of debugging session.
- New option 'no_stop_at_end'.
- New exception handling and new option PTKDB_SIGDIE_DISABLE.
- New option PTKDB_TRACE_SUB_ACTIVE.
- New menu 'Set breakpoint filter'.
- New menu checkbutton 'Data/DB trace is active'.
- New menu checkbutton 'Data/DB trace subroutines'
- Notebook page 'BrkPt' upgraded: breakpoints are now sorted.
- trace of subroutine calls may be suppressed setting the option PTKDB_TRACE_SUB_ACTIVE or
and using the menu item 'Data/DB trace subroutines'.
- DB trace is now tagged, foreground color depending on item's type.
- Strings containing control characters are displayed in hex form .i.e. X'4D00'.
- Show the current breakpoint location on the Expression evaluate window.
- All items of the Stack menu show the file-name and the line-number.
Further, unserviceable items (calls to anonymous blocks) are disabled.
- Commands of options file .ptkdbrc have been upgraded :
- commands brkpt, condbrkpt, brkonsub, brkonsub_expr accept list of values
and automatically eliminate double specifications.
- new commands register_user_window_end(<callback list>),
- registered callbacks are validated (reference to subroutine or expressions string)
- registered callbacks are always evaluated,
- callbacks for 'DB entry' and 'DB leave' take arglist (package,file name,line number).
Last but not least, feel free to send me a brief description at email@example.com if you have any question,
problem or even an interesting experience about ptkdb.
Looking forward for your feedback!
Marco M., Zurich Switzerland