Multi-platform clone of the classic music making software "ProTracker" (version 2.3D) from the Commodore Amiga days. Aims to work exactly like you remember it, with added features and fixes.
Download for Windows (Windows XP and newer):
Download for OS X (Intel, OS X 10.5+):
Download for OS X (PPC, OS X 10.4+)
http://16-bits.org/ProTracker-osx-ppc.zip (icon is invisible in OS X 10.4)
For other operating systems, read "compiling.txt" in the source code tree.
- Plays/creates ProTracker modules as accurate (ideally) as they do on ProTracker v2.3D
- Low-pass + LED (they are off by default) and high-pass filters added to recreate the sound image of the Amiga
- BLEP synthesis is used in the audio mixer to prevent some aliasing in the sound, making it sound closer to a real Amiga
- PT.Config-xx loader (put your PT config file in the same directory as the binaries)
- Some useful bonuses added, read help.txt for more in-depth information
It is already the best Protracker clone out there. I wish the author would do FastTracker2 as a side project too.
Thanks for working on this - pure magic to see Protracker doing it's stuff on my Powerbook - and hardly using any CPU either - even works on my G3 iBook!
Great idea to port my favorite Amiga software ProTracker! Keep up the good work!
Good start for this project. I've compiled it for AROS and added some AROS/Amiga specifities like ASL requester and reqtools messages. It can be found here : http://www.dusabledanslherbe.eu/AROSPage/Protracker.40.html