Check out our new website where we will host all future updates and improvements. The Sourceforge site will no longer be maintained and updated.
Project Chronos is an open source time lapse rail. It is a fully features system that offers the same level of control as professional systems costing thousands of dollars. It is also the most accurate time lapse system available capable of making accurate movements 1/125th the width of a human hair. And the best news, is this is 100% open source with all schematics, parts lists, and instructions online and free to use. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For more information check the home screen and the wiki on this project page, also be sure to check out my Vimeo channel to see the system in actions as well as any news updates.
Like us on Facebook!
- Simple to use interface using the Chronos 2.0 software package makes setup extremely fast and intuitive, even when programming complex movement patterns.
- No dealing with "Inches per minute" and Interval count to determine the number of shots. Rather you just tell Chronos 2.0 how many shots to take and how far to move.
- 36 inches of precision linear travel
- Easy to understand movement patterns ensure predictability.
- 255 levels of LED brightness control.
- Manual position control
- Shot Delay of 0-1000 shots
- Intervalometer 1 second to 1 hour intervals
- Bulb Exposure control 1 second to 1 minute.
- After shot buffer of .1 to .9 seconds
- Number of shots per routine = 30 to 9,999
- Metric to Standard conversion
- HDR trigger to gather 3 frames per interval.
- Shutter signal Pass-through or Block
- Camera Nudge to wake up a camera right before it shoots.
- Distance moved per routine 1-36 inches or 1-91 Centimeters (for a 39 inch (1000mm) rail.
- Symmetrical Velocity ramping 5% - 50% (1% increments)
- Asymmetrical Velocity ramping 5-95% (1 % increments)
- Non ramped movements
- Repeat routine 0-9 times from end
- Repeat routine 0-9 times from beginning
- Run routine then rewind to beginning and wait
- Repeat movement pattern in reverse with symmetrical ramping adjustment
- Repeat movement pattenr in reverse with asymmetrical ramping adjustment
- WSM Shooting display shows Shots taken, Shots remaining, Time elapsed, Time remaining.
- Continuous movement modes, 10 speeds, time weighted by distance selected.
- Master control mode where Chronos provides the timing signal.
- Slave sync mode to enable Chronos to sync to external timers, intervalomters, bulb rampers, or other systems.
- 66 Movement profiles with adjustable delays, shots, buffers, bulb timers, distance to build a virtually endless amount of movement routines.
- Step counting to provide perfect repeatability
- High Strength, capable of lifting a 25lb payload vertically or horizontally, with no need for calibration
- Virtually no setup time, no clips, belts, carts, or motors to attach on site.
- Low maintenance, the Igus rail requires no lubrication and works in extreme enviornments.
- Lightweight at 12lbs for the Rail and control box. (not including tripods or dolly feet)
- Easily syncs up to any system that is capable of triggering a camera via shutter cable, this includes bulb rampers, cameras with built in intervalometers, and other time lapse motion control systems.
- Live Ramp mode enables direct real time control of movement ramping.
- Drift mode give the camera a natural sway.
- Calibration Mode now makes it easier to enable Chronos 2.0 controller to work with other stepper motors.
There are no 1 star reviews.