PostgreSQL Portable is an open source database packaged as a portable app, so you can run a full PostgreSQL database on your iPod, USB flash drive, portable hard drive, etc. It has all the same features as PostgreSQL, plus, it leaves no personal information behind on the machine you run it on, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
Check out PostgreSQL - http://www.postgresql.org
- No installation required. Simply download, extract and run!!
- Runs a complete PostgreSQL Server instance.
- Does not require a local "postgres" user account or administrator privileges, works for any user.
- Completely portable - runs off a USB, cloud drive (DropBox, iCloud drive, OneDrive, etc) or hard drive.
- Packaged in PortableApps.com format for easy integration.
Very useful, because one don't need to register a Windows server for the database process. I guess false positive virus detection at virustotal.com is due to exe-compression used.
like it very much
Very useful, but probably a false positive on the virusscanner. If someone could fix it, would be great.