Polyphone is a free software for editing soundfonts in format sf2. These files contain a multitude of audio samples put together and configured so as to form musical instruments that can be used by synthesizers such as fluidsynth and played using a MIDI keyboard.
The goal of Polyphone is to provide:
- a simple and efficient interface for creating and editing .sf2 files, available on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux,
- tools to facilitate and automate the setting of different parameters, making it possible to handle a large amount of data.
- support for sf2 (including 16- or 24-bit samples) and sfArk formats
- sf3, sfz import / export
- support for jack and asio audio servers
- built-in synthesizer, controlled by a virtual keyboard or midi signals
- analysis of frequency peaks and estimation of sample pitch
- automatic loop of samples
- simultaneous editing of parameters
- specific tools for musical instrument creation
- a recorder, for the record of what is played in a .wav file
Brilliant. If you know what soundfonts are, then you need this.
I needed to fix a buggy soundfont, with this program it was extremely easy to do even if I had never done it before! It worked exactly as expected, with no crashes, and even in my own language