The Clipper library performs clipping and offsetting for both lines and polygons. All four boolean clipping operations are supported - intersection, union, difference and exclusive-or. Polygons can be of any shape including self-intersecting polygons.
17 March 2016:
Since it's been some time since the last update, some may be wondering if I no longer plan further updates. I do have plans for more updates but I also have a chronic health condition (not life threatening) that's set me back, and I don't really have a good idea when I'll restart development.
- Line and polygon clipping - intersection, union, difference & xor
- Line and polygon offsetting with 3 types of joining - miter, square and round
- Polygons can be of any shape, including self-intersecting polygons
- Minkowski Addition and Minkowski Difference functions included
- The library is written in Delphi, C++, C# and Python
- Comprehensive documentation
- Demos use AGG, Cairo, OpenGL, GDI+ & Graphics32 graphics libraries
- The library is significantly faster than commercial alternatives
- Third-party modules for Perl, Ruby and Python languages
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Using GIS data frequently encountered datastet cut up regular grid, and this library is not suitable for this. (see Open Discussion).