2010-02-04
2012-12-06
  • Michael

Michael - 2010-02-04

The error message is:

Error showing user form.

more…

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.pandora.gui.struts.action.UserAction.getTransferObjectFromActionForm(UserAction.java:340) at com.pandora.gui.struts.action.UserAction.saveUser(UserAction.java:215) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.dispatchMethod(DispatchAction.java:280) at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.execute(DispatchAction.java:216) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482) at com.pandora.gui.struts.action.GeneralStruts.process(GeneralStruts.java:54) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source).

Regards

Michael

• Alberto Pereto

Alberto Pereto - 2010-02-04

Hi Michael

I will try to reproduce this bug and reply as soon as possible.

For a while, you could try to insert the new user directly into data base using the thin DB client of Plandora root user.
    The sql script of Plandora installation package contain some "inserts" into a table called "tool_user".

Regards,

Alberto Pereto

• Michael

Michael - 2010-02-05

I've seemed to have found the cause of the problem. Its the Birt column in the tool_user table. First i found out that when i didn't add a birth date to the user info - i could sucessfully create users.
    Then if I write the birt date like this "01-11-82" insted of "01/11/82" - as the date selector does - then the birt date also works.

Is this due to a wrong Collation setting on the mysql DB server? or what?

Thanks for your help

Regards,
    Michael

• Alberto Pereto

Alberto Pereto - 2010-02-05

Hi Michaels,

I think this problem is not related with your data base, the version 1.7.0 of Plandora has a problem to deal with different date masks. Another user has already reported a similar problem. This version is using the regional settings of your O.S., but honestly, this was not a good idea. At version 1.8.0 the date mask will be configurated by the resourceFile.

But, for while, I ask you to try to turn around this situation, until the release 1.8.0.