PV ("Pipe Viewer") is a tool for monitoring the progress of data through a pipeline. It can be inserted into any normal pipeline between two processes to give a visual indication of how quickly data is passing through, how long it has taken, how near to completion it is, and an estimate of how long it will be until completion.
- Monitor the rate at which data passes through a pipe between commands
- Rate-limit data flows, and change the rate limit on the fly
- Watch multiple pipelines at once
- View process activity on open file descriptors
- Copy data like "dd" but with ETA information included
Thanks for software and updates.