Piggydb is a flexible and scalable knowledge building platform that supports a heuristic or bottom-up approach to discover new concepts or ideas based on your input. You can begin with using it as a flexible outliner, diary or notebook, and as your database grows, Piggydb helps you to shape or elaborate your own knowledge. Piggydb is a Web application provided as a self-contained package that contains a Web server and database engine.
With Piggydb, you can create highly structured content by connecting knowledge fragments to each other to build a network structure, which is more flexible and expressive than a tree structure. Fragments can also be classified using hierarchical tags.
- Note taking with Knowledge Fragments: the unit of information in Piggydb
- Text Fragments (with wiki formatting) / File Fragments
- Organizing your fragments in a flexible network structure
- Embedding a fragment into another fragment
- Tag as a first-class component (an integral part of knowledge; not a mere index)
- Hierarchical Tagging
- Smoothly integrated multi-user management (a user is a fragment tagged #user)
- Document View: browsing your organized content in printer-friendly format
- Full text search
- No installation needed: Just unzip downloaded archive and run the file
- Familiar web interface can be used as a standalone app on your computer
There are no 3 star reviews.