Simple, web-based address & phone book, contact manager, organizer. Groups, addresses, e-Mails, phone numbers & birthdays. vCards, LDIF, Excel, iPhone, Gmail & Google-Maps supported. PHP / MySQL based. http://php-addressbook.sourceforge.net/demo
- Manages contacts & groups
- Exports Excel, vCard - Import vCard, LDIF (ThunderBird)
- Show geographical maps of groups
- Protects the site with a login
- Detects and displays over 12 languages
- Displays the next birthdays
- Optimized for Browser, iPhone and Print
- Support ActiveSync for iPhone and Android
- Shows birthdays in iPhone calendar
- Authentication based on User/Password or IP-Address/-Range
No documentation, how to edit columns? how to add users? how to import correctly. Sample import file is not accurate. tons of issues here. People been asking questions and creators almost not responding.
Decided to try out the app, even though there is precious little info on its capabilities. Found a four line install.txt file when trying to install. NOTHING on DB connection requirements, system requirements, library requirements. Found an unanswered discussion thread from 4 years ago asking how to install it as well. Tried the install. It failed. No error messages. I can either work on my own projects, or breakfix the very basic failures of others. I'll work on my own. Normally I don't downvote stuff people do, but if it doesn't install and there is not even basic dev feedback on how this should be addressed, then the only time I'm going to spend is giving an explanation as to why I gave a thumbs down. BTW, this review is longer than the install and requirements docs.