Phototonic is a fast and functional image viewer and organizer, inspired by the traditional image viewer design (i.e. thumbnails and viewer layouts).
Phototonic developed in C++/Qt and released under GNU General Public License v3.
- Light weight with a smooth and clear user interface
- Does not depend on any desktop environment
- Supports several customized thumbnail layouts
- Supports tagging images and filtering images by tags
- Load thumbnails and browse images recursively on a folder tree
- Dynamic thumbnails loading, enables fast browsing of very large folders
- Filter thumbnails by name
- Image navigation and file management
- Slide show
- Transformation: rotation, flipping, cropping, image mirroring and scaling
- Adjust image brightness, saturation, hue and contrast
- Keep transformations, zoom and colors while browsing multiple images
- Extensive automatic and manual zoom options
- Supported image formats: BMP, GIF, ICO, JPEG, MNG, PBM, PGM, PNG, PPM, SVG, SVGZ, TGA, TIFF, XBM, XPM
- Supports GIF animations
- Keyboard shortcuts and mouse behavior customization
- Open images with external applications
- Display image information and metadata
- Rotate images and thumbnails automatically according to Exif orientation tag
- Find and manage duplicate images
- Delivering fast and powerful native applications for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, cloud and IoT.
- Rapidly design, build, and run applications optimized for native performance, from a single code base across all platforms.
- Securely connect and embed any data, on any tier, in the Enterprise, or cloud.
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Great! I just hate the whole gnome3 "philosophy" (and the resulting guis and features in the gnome3 apps), so i had to let gthumb go and look for a replacement. Found Phototonic, and it's just great, friendly gui, Qt integrates just fine with gtk-2 on xubuntu (at least 17.04 which i now have), etc. All in all, 5 starts from me.!