Barman (backup and recovery manager) is an administration tool for disaster recovery of PostgreSQL servers written in Python.
It allows to perform remote backups of multiple servers in business critical environments and help DBAs during the recovery phase.
Barman's most wanted features include backup catalogs, retention policies, remote recovery, archiving and compression of WAL files and backups.
Barman is written and maintained by PostgreSQL professionals 2ndQuadrant.
- Full hot physical backup of a PostgreSQL server
- Point-In-Time-Recovery (PITR)
- Management of multiple PostgreSQL servers
- Remote backup of a PostgreSQL server
- Remote recovery of a backup for a PostgreSQL server
- Management of base backups and WAL files through a catalog
- ssh support for remote operations
- rsync over ssh support for file synchronisation and transfers
- Management of retention policies for backups and WAL files
- Incremental backup
- WAL hub (get-wal)
- Compression of WAL files (bzip2, gzip or custom)
- Backup general and disk usage information
- Integration with standard archiving tools (e.g. tar)
- Local recovery
- Relocation of PGDATA and tablespaces at recovery time
- Server diagnostics for backup
- Server status and information
- Pre/Post backup hook scripts
- Local storage of metadata
- INI configuration file
- Written in Python
- Control of bandwidth usage
There are no 3 star reviews.