Briefly said, PetriNetExec is an open-source Java library which allows you to embed Petri Nets into your Java application.
Using PetriNetExec you can define places and transitions, connect them using arcs and inhibitors, define the initial marking and then fire events and see how tokens flow into the network.
* PetriNetExec does not provide a GUI for editing the network nor will it provide in the near future. That is not really a feature :-) but to those of you able to cope with this news I suggest to read further;
* Petri Nets are created with PetriNetExec by writing Java code and using the provided API;
* PetriNetExec provides a simple yet powerful callback mechanism allowing you to actually do something when events are fired and the network status is changing.
* PetriNetExec is embeddable into your Java application. This means that you can build your own application and add Petri Nets into it.
* PetriNetExec is open-source.
Simple. Useful. Light.
Great app petrinetexec