PeaZip is a free archiver tool. The application provides an unified, natively portable, cross-platform file manager and archive manager GUI for many Open Source technologies like 7-Zip, FreeArc, PAQ, UPX.
Create: 7Z, ARC, BZip/GZip, PEA, TAR, WIM, XZ, ZPAQ, ZIP files and more
Open and extract 180+ file types: ACE, CAB, DEB, ISO, RAR, ZIPX and more
Features of PeaZip includes extract, create and convert multiple archives at once, create self-extracting archives (sfx), split files, strong encryption with two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion, find duplicate files, calculate hashes, export task definition as command line script.
ACE file extraction needs separate installation of free (but not Open Source, due original format licensing restrictions) UNACE Plugin, available on Add-ons page of PeaZip website.
Due the closed-source nature of this component, it has been separated from the main package, which contains only Open Source components.
- Compress to 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, PAQ/ZPAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, sfx, TAR, WIM, XZ, ZIP file format
- Open and extract over 180 archive types, including ACE, ISO, RAR, UDF, ZIPX files
- Archive management: extract, create and convert multiple archives at once, create sfx archives, split and merge files, save job definition as script
- File management: advanced search, navigation and bookmarking features, find duplicate files, calculate checksums and hashes
- Security: strong encryption with two factor authentication (with optional key file), password manager (with optional strong encryption protection), secure deletion
- Available both for Windows and Linux in portable and installable version
Very useful If we download a rar file and we have not WinRAR.
I would rate it 5 stars, however the GUI is really poorly designed. If it was more straight-forward like 7zip's GUI, I personally think that is would be a great program.
Thank you! This is what we need! It is similar to 7zip