- Is FREE and works on all major operating systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mac OS).
- Data and character files are operating system independent.
- Allows you to Create and Maintain multiple Characters.
- Supports d20 based Game Systems including D&D (3E, 3.5E, 4E), d20 Modern and Pathfinder.
- Supports Tons of Publishers and their products.
- Is highly configurable, allowing the user to add or remove races, classes, feats, and house rules such as unusual class or race restrictions.
- Supports level advancement, with configurable progressions of feats, skills and ability score bonuses.
- Produces numerous customized character and party sheets in HTML, TEXT and PDF formats.
Follow PCGen :: An RPG Character Generator
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Excellent selection of features and supported games. Incredibly powerful for creating new characters and updating existing characters after a game session. HORRENDOUS interface, poor layout, atrocious default install location (AppData? seriously?), excruciating learning curve, severely limited customization unless you're a developer, and all support requests, bug reports, or suggestions require signing up for Jira or joining a Yahoo! group (no way to provide anonymous feedback or avoid creating a new account on a site you'll only ever use once). Overall, this application is great and a must-have for serious gamers who are also computer geeks. It simplifies, automates, and coordinates character creation so that someone who is fairly unfamiliar with a system can quickly make a character and jump into a game. However, that ease and fluidity is marred by the poor design and complicated layout that will stall any new users and force them to spend hours just getting familiar with the PC Gen interface. For those who are familiar with a system and become familiar with PC Gen's interface, you'll quickly become disappointed at the simple expectations that have not yet been met. I believe the developers over-emphasize features and game system support while ignoring the most basic design principles.