PCGen is a free open source RPG character generator (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. Please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/.
Support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is FREE and works on all major operating systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mac OS).
- Data and character files are operating system independent.
- Allows you to Create and Maintain multiple Characters.
- Supports d20 based Game Systems including D&D (3E, 3.5E, 4E), d20 Modern and Pathfinder.
- Supports Tons of Publishers and their products.
- Is highly configurable, allowing the user to add or remove races, classes, feats, and house rules such as unusual class or race restrictions.
- Supports level advancement, with configurable progressions of feats, skills and ability score bonuses.
- Produces numerous customized character and party sheets in HTML, TEXT and PDF formats.
Very simple to use. Very useful to your games.
I love it, if only it would PLEASE: Support the latest JAVA Versions.....Load times are killer (when it loads at all lately...) Currently Supports JAVA 6 ....
It is pretty crappy that 6.04.01 does not support Grey Elves as a Player Race!!!!! Guess I'll just use the old version, or go back to pen and paper because I really hate it when people "fix" or "update" something but, in reality, they break it!
Great program for creating PCs and NPCs alike. I even created a monster with additional levels in wizard within a few minutes. The hint-area talking about not-yet configured feats, spells etc. is an invaluable help as well. One thing I am missing is a collection of pre-generated characters like those that can be found on www d20pfsrd com/bestiary/npc-s - It might be relatively easy to create those characters, and so we all would have a large collection of NPCs for GMing.
I adore this program! It's easy to use and makes character creation so much simpler. Unfortunately I've got a bit of a problem. I used this program on my boyfriend's computer, and my dad's but it won't seem to work quite right on mine. It will run on the admin user account, but not on the standard user account. Anyone know how to fix that?