PCGen is a free open source RPG character generator (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. Please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/.
Support email: email@example.com
- Is FREE and works on all major operating systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mac OS).
- Data and character files are operating system independent.
- Allows you to Create and Maintain multiple Characters.
- Supports d20 based Game Systems including D&D (3E, 3.5E, 4E), d20 Modern and Pathfinder.
- Supports Tons of Publishers and their products.
- Is highly configurable, allowing the user to add or remove races, classes, feats, and house rules such as unusual class or race restrictions.
- Supports level advancement, with configurable progressions of feats, skills and ability score bonuses.
- Produces numerous customized character and party sheets in HTML, TEXT and PDF formats.
- Delivering fast and powerful native applications for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, cloud and IoT.
- Rapidly design, build, and run applications optimized for native performance, from a single code base across all platforms.
- Securely connect and embed any data, on any tier, in the Enterprise, or cloud.
This application has been very handy in starting a new campaign.
Very simple to use. Very useful to your games.
I love it, if only it would PLEASE: Support the latest JAVA Versions.....Load times are killer (when it loads at all lately...) Currently Supports JAVA 6 ....
It is pretty crappy that 6.04.01 does not support Grey Elves as a Player Race!!!!! Guess I'll just use the old version, or go back to pen and paper because I really hate it when people "fix" or "update" something but, in reality, they break it!
Great program for creating PCs and NPCs alike. I even created a monster with additional levels in wizard within a few minutes. The hint-area talking about not-yet configured feats, spells etc. is an invaluable help as well. One thing I am missing is a collection of pre-generated characters like those that can be found on www d20pfsrd com/bestiary/npc-s - It might be relatively easy to create those characters, and so we all would have a large collection of NPCs for GMing.