PCD – Process Control Daemon is a light-weight system level process manager, designed for Embedded Linux based products. The PCD is used for starting the system in a synchronized manner, control and monitor processes and recover from crashes.
- Boot the system in a synchronized and deterministic manner using a textual script
- Start, stop, control, synchronize and monitor user space applications
- Recover the system from crashes
- Provide useful debug information
- Generate system startup and dependency graph for complex systems
Is your annual budget for Service Desk/ITSM software greater than $8,000?
After incorporating PCD, the booting time of our system had reduced a great deal. Also, when the system seg-faults, I no longer struggle as much as there is a message about what process has crashed at the end of the segmentation fault that linux throws. This saves loads of debugging time.