ParTools allows the interactive analysis of a C program execution profile and data dependencies to facilitate the discovery and selection of suitable parallelization candidates in a manual parallelization process. The flow does not assume any specific parallelization technique, thus it can be broadly applied.
The original (serial) C source is automatically annotated to trace the execution profile and data dependencies at run-time. The annotated program is then executed using a significant (but small) data set selected by the developer. The data collected is cross-referenced with the original source and can be interactively analyzed graphically to determine the best parallelization candidates and techniques.
- Automatic C source annotation for run-time tracing.
- Automatic run-time data collection.
- Interactive graphical analysis of execution profile and data dependencies.
- Cross-reference with the original C source.
- Can be used to support analysis for any parallelization technique.
Be the first to post a review of ParTools!