Free Outlook Plugin, which synchronizes events, tasks and contacts between Outlook and Google, SOGo, Horde or any other CalDAV or CardDAV server. Supported Outlook versions are 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007.
This project was initially developed as a master thesis project at the University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien, Software Engineering Degree program. Outlook CalDav Synchronizer is Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS), still you can support the project by donating on Sourceforge or directly within the About dialog of our Plugin.
For collaboration with Nextcloud, see
Contact us for enterprise support at
Vote for us for March "Community Choice" Project of the Month! https://sourceforge.net/p/potm/discussion/vote/thread/22addff6/
- free and open-source software (FOSS), the only free Outlook CalDav plugin (AGPL license)
- tested CalDAV servers: SOGo, Google Calendar, Horde Kronolith, NextCloud, OwnCloud, SabreDAV, Synology NAS, GroupOffice, one.com, Yandex, OpenX-change, Posteo, Landmarks, Kolab, Zoho Calendar, GMX, Tine 2.0, Fruux, Mac OS X Server, iCloud, Mail.ru, Radicale, Cozy Cloud, Cyrus Imap 2.5
- modern WPF GUI
- Supporting OAuth2 for Google
- SSL/TLS support, support for self-signed certificates
- Manual proxy configuration support for NTLM or basic auth proxies
- Autodiscovery of calendars and adressbooks via well-known redirects or DNS SRV/TXT lookups
- configurable sync range
- sync multiple calendars per profile
- sync reminders, categories, recurrences with exceptions, importance, transparency
- sync organizer and attendees and own response status
- task support
- CardDAV support to sync contacts (distribution lists planned)
- Google native Contacts API support with mapping of Google contact groups to Outlook categories.
- Google Tasklists support (sync via Google Task Api with Outlook task folders)
- sync contact pictures, categories, notes and x509 certificates
- manual or time-triggered sync
- change-triggered sync
- sync triggered by Outlook Send/Receive
- Category Filtering (sync CalDAV calendar to Outlook categories)
- map CalDAV server colors to Outlook category colors
- show reports of last sync runs and status
- configurable system Tray Icon with notifications
- bulk creation of multiple profiles
- Use server settings from Outlook IMAP/POP3 account profile
- Map Windows to standard IANA/Olson timezones
- Configurable mapping of Outlook custom properties
- Backport for WinXP and .Net 4.0 available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/outlookcaldavsynchronizerxp/
The missing tool to connect outlook with Cal and CardDav servers of all kinds. And its getting better fast - active team working on it with frequent updates.
Nice little add-on. Once I figured it out, worked well. Only need colors to work correctly and BOOM it will be da bomb!
I've been looking for a free solution to sync contacts and calendar between outlook and my Android phone for YEARS. This one works like a charm. Thanks for the documentation; I did have to use it to get it working with the Synology and my Google account. This is not as polished as a mature enterprise-class application; but, for a free app, it works perfectly and gets the job done. Thank you for doing this. I think the "progress bar/window" should be a little more detailed, since I thought it was stuck when I first ran it. If I could see the contact being synched or maybe how many out of 400 have been done, instead of the progress bar, it would be better. I also find it took quite a bit of time to synch just 400 contacts... but again, this apps does what it should do and I'm happy for it. Just more details during sync would be great.
Works flawless with KOLAB 3.4 Groupware (Calender and Contacts). Also the upgrade process went fine from version 1.7.0 to 1.8.0. Environment: Clients: Outlook 2013 @ Windows 7 Pro x64 CalDav-Plugin 1.7.x and 1.8.x Server: Kolab 3.4 community edition @ Centos 7 Thank you for this Plugin, this really saved my day, since using Outlook with Kolab 3.4 and ActiveSync is very buggy.. One suggestion: It would be great if the sync-Intervall could be set to a shorter duration (every minute) - or that newly created entries in Outlook get synced to the server immediately. cheers, Herwig
I have testet this add in. My contacts are sorted into groups. In Outlook I can not categorize this.