OSGC is an Open Source implementation of an OpenSearch GeoSpatial Catalogue compliant to OGC 10-32r3 specification, developed by EGI.eu (http://www.egi.eu/) under the ENVRI (http://envri.eu/) project.
OSGC provides a catalogue engine built on top of a PostgreSQL+Postgis database, which exposes a cusmizable OpenSearch interface. Most of the application configuration can be set from the Admin web interface, while Data Administrators have a separated Dropbox interface, which ease the management of the catalog and the data storage, and a Data Gateway interface, which controls access to data and produces data access statistics.
- OpenSearch catalogue engine with customizable output formats, products metadata, query schema, input formats (for ingestion).
- Web admin interface (to offer the catalog as a Platform-As-A-Service on the Cloud).
- Dropbox, to automatically extract metadata, register it into the catalogue and optionally push the data file into Cloud or other connected storage.
- Data Gateway interface, to control access to data, produce data access statistics and bridge non-http protocols
- OpenSearch web client interface, with the possibility to execute it remotely or as a standalone application (for integration into Cloud Virtual Laboratories PaaS services) and cumulative download (with shop-chart functionality).
Be the first to post a review of OSGC - OpenSource Geospatial Catalogue!