OS-808x is an operating system for Intel 8086 / 8088. Written by Raja Subramanian in the year 1997 (in academic interest). Objective is to understand how operating system, device drivers and system software works in 8086 architecture / IBM x86 PC.
OS was written completely on x86 assembly language. It will be useful for people who wants to understand BIOS, x86 architecture and how OS provides services in 8086 real mode. It performs,
1. Completely written in x86 Assembly
2. 32 OS services/functionality
3. Menu Driven Shell provides utilities like RAM check, Disk Viewer, Printer, Clock, Alarm etc.,
4. OS supported simple file concept
5. Security using XOR Encryption
Sources are available in sources section. See the Wiki for screen shots and how to run this OS on DOSBox / Wine environment.
Be the first to post a review of os-808x!