Ophcrack is a Windows password cracker based on a time-memory trade-off using rainbow tables. This is a new variant of Hellman's original trade-off, with better performance. It recovers 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords in seconds.
- Cracks LM and NTLM Windows hashes
- Free tables available for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Brute-force module for simple passwords
- Audit mode and CSV export
- Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords
- LiveCD available to simplify the cracking
- Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition
Boot my Windows VM from Ophcrack ISO file and it failed to detect my hard drive so it's useless for me. Eventually I removed the password with another program PCUnlocker. Additionally, the rainbow tables are too expensive, I think.
ophcrack-vista-livecd-3.6.0.iso does not load tables automatic to the program, version 3.4 works.
HOW pls i can just download Vista_special tables?? pls help fast
How to Download Vista Special?
Version 3.6 didn't work for me (refused to load tables from LiveCD, USB stick, or anywhere else I tried), but 3.4 works perfectly. Recommend anyone having trouble with 3.6 to get hold of the older version