Ophcrack is a Windows password cracker based on a time-memory trade-off using rainbow tables. This is a new variant of Hellman's original trade-off, with better performance. It recovers 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords in seconds.
- Cracks LM and NTLM Windows hashes
- Free tables available for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Brute-force module for simple passwords
- Audit mode and CSV export
- Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords
- LiveCD available to simplify the cracking
- Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition
Downloaded fine, but had malware TSPY_PWDUMP_CA25037B.TOMC
ophcrack-vista-livecd-3.6.0.iso doesn't have tables. Kinda makes it useless to use. When trying to download it with the browsers provided, I just keep getting TLS errors.
I have Windows 7; I forgot my password & I'm the administrator on the computer. This program is supposed to unlock the account for you or crack the password, isn't it, or am I confused? This is, I believe, the third program of this type I have tried. Everything starts fine, downloads quick, but when I go to "run" the program, it, on all three programs, asks me for the administrators password. I do not have the password which is exactly why I am trying to use the program in the first place! I'm just so confused. Am I doing something wrong? Or does this program just not do what I think it does? SOMEONE, please help me.