The free and Open Source productivity suiteRead More
Free alternative for Office productivity tools: Apache OpenOffice - formerly known as OpenOffice.org - is an open-source office productivity software suite containing word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, formula editor, and database management applications. OpenOffice is available in many languages, works on all common computers, stores data in ODF - the international open standard format - and is able to read and write files in other formats, included the format used by the most common office suite packages. OpenOffice is also able to export files in PDF format. OpenOffice has supported extensions, in a similar manner to Mozilla Firefox, making easy to add new functionality to an existing OpenOffice installation.
- Cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- 170+ Languages
- Extensions and Templates available
- Commercial support available
- New Sidebar
- Interoperability Improvements for Text Documents, Spreadhseet Documents, Presentation Documents and OOXML file format in general
- DrawObject Improvements/Enhancements
- New Color Palette
- New Gradients
- New Gallery Themes and Gallery enhancements
- Refined the Selection Handles User Interface
- Refined Selection Visualization
- Better Print Preview
- Enhanced conversion to Bitmap Graphics
- Enhanced Copy/Paste
- Enhanced Drag&Drop
- Adapt LineStart/End to LineWidth
- SVG Export enhancements
- SVG/Metafile Break improvement
- SVG Import improvements
- Picture Crop mode offers preview
- Unified visualization of ColorPalette popup
- Transparency support for pixel formats (PNG)
- Connectors support rotation
- Corrected Hatch fill style visualization
- Better gradient support in metafiles
- Calc and Chart Improvements/Enhancements
- Support relative Pie Chart Height
- New Functions: AVERAGEIFS, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, XOR, LEFTB, RIGHTB, LENB, MIDB and RAND (reimplemented to use the Mersenne-Twister algorithm)
- Extensions Improvements/Enhancement
- New Toolbar management
- Unified menu API
- Performance Improvements/Enhancements
- Many resource leaks were fixed
- Speedup of Graphic Rendering
- Additional Language Support
- Changes that Impact Backwards Compatibility
- Module binfilter removed (legacy StarOffice file formats (.sdw, .sdc, .sdd, etc.)
- Python support updated
- Support for system C++ STL
KEEP ME UPDATEDGet project updates, sponsored content from our select
partners, and more.
this is an awesome app, i downloaded it first time in 2016, december and i can say that it works awesome!@!! No more needing Microsoft office!
awesome application, THANK YOU!!!!
With a passion I hate openoffice now and I used to like it. It is MEGA CRAP! I have been trying so so hard to insert some pictures into a book I am writing and have managed to do it. Every time I get to the end of the book for some f@cking reason the pictures all shrink in size and I have to reinsert them all again for at least the 6th time. 50 of them! Why the damn hell does this keep happening?!!! When I downloaded the update it was supposed to have made it stable but it failed! I have used openoffice for many years but this is the last time! I am sick of this! I just want to get my book finished but will not be using this bullsh!t programme again! Sorry for swearing but I am so very angry! I will be using microsoft who are superior from now on and don't care if I have to pay. At least I know I will be using quality. I would certainly not recommend openoffice to anyone. Good riddance! Should have uninstalled years ago!
I use windows 10 and it happens that the screen scroll when I use Apache Office goes very slow and the page pass is exasperatingly slow. W-10 crushes me with Microsoft Office. Can they handle my machine? Regards
I never really had a problem with OpenOffice when I rarely used it. Now that I am using it regularly for studying and business I see how much it is lacking. None of the extensions work that I try to use, and gives me errors. No matter what I have done to try to fix it, there seems to be no fix. There is no speech recognition software that is compatible with this, can not even use Windows speech recognition. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, updated the extensions, turned Java off (because of the errors) turned it back on, and all combinations of anything I can find online to get these things to work, and they just don't. It is in a constant state of recovery of my documents, even though I save and shut down correctly. If you don't have anything extra you want to use OO for besides typing a love letter, then it is fine. When you start getting into bigger things, it does not work satisfactorily.