OpenMandriva Lx, based on Mandriva and Mandrake code, is an exciting free Desktop Operating System that aims to cater to and interest first time and advanced users alike. It has the breadth and depth of an advanced system but is designed to be simple and straightforward in use.
OpenMandriva Lx comes from a 100% community-driven association that believes in the values of free software & collaboration and whose founding values are development, equality, co-operation, openness, freedom, group achievement, independence, and solidarity.
Our sources can be found here:
Our sophisticated build system can be found here:
Talk to us:
* IRC - #openmandriva-cooker on freenode.net
* Forums - https://forums.openmandriva.org
* Mailing list - https://wiki.openmandriva.org/en/Mailinglist
Report a bug or new feature:
* Issue Tracking - https://issues.openmandriva.org
- KDE 4.14.3 - default desktop for 2014.x and older
- Plasma 5 - default desktop for Lx 3 release
- Wayland support throug Plasma 5, Hawaii desktop and papyros
- systemd - default initing system
- LLVM/clang - default compiler (better than gcc), improved speed and memory footprint
- Calamares - graphical installer
- Automatic hardware detection
- ARM v7 and ARM v8 (aarch64) support
Follow OpenMandriva Lx
- Use a software-based approach that replaces manual processes and inefficient paper-based systems
- Get pre-built templates that simplify quality and risk management and certificate renewals
- Automate document approval and publishing, problem-solving, and continuous improvement workflows
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Awesome system !
Stable and extremely fast!
Best OS there is at the moment -- if only we had enough time to rewrite drakx in C++/Qt.
One of the best KDE-based distributions og GNU/Linux