The European FP6 project CAS delivered the OpenHCM exchange standard to support the exchange of thickness measurements data for ships in service.
A consortium was founded in 2010 to manage and promote this OpenHCM standard, to reach a large acceptance of the standard in the maritime industry, thus improving the safety of vessels and offshore units, and the efficiency of the whole condition assessment process.
Members of the OpenHCM consortium are, as of December 2014: Bureau Veritas (BV), DNV GL, Materiaal Metingen Europe (MME), SENER Ingeniería y sistemas SA, Russian Maritime Register of Shipping (RS), Cybernétix SA, Atlantec Enterprise Solutions GmbH (AES), Aveva, Lloyd's Register (LR).
This data standard can be used for ships/offshore units to:
- make 3D inspection software;
- make 3D repairs management software;
- create 3D models from popular CAD tools;
- export 3D models from shipyards CAD files;
- exchange condition assessment data between class societies (TOCA).
- Electronic exchange of data concerning the condition of maritime structures
Be the first to post a review of OpenHCMstandard!