ODE 0.13 Release Notes
This is the 0.13 release of the Open Dynamics Engine.
Among the new features:
- Stable, implicit gyroscopic forces (patch #185 by Joseph Cooper). Bodies with gyroscopic forces won't gain energy anymore.
- New joint: transmission joint (patch #182 by Dimitris Papavasiliou).
- Contacts now have rolling friction (patch #184 by Joseph Cooper).
- Removed the need for defining dSINGLE/dDOUBLE; this is stored now in the generated ode/precision.h header.
- New joint: Double Ball (AKA "distance joint").
- New joint: Double Hinge.
- Threaded execution support interface added (experimental).
Many bugs were fixed too:
- Joint feedback forces application fixed in QuickStep implementation
- Bug #89 by Luc: (dJointAddSliderForce() adds a zero force when the parent body is NULL)
- Bug #88 by Luc: heightfield data assigned to a wrong field in dGeomHeightfieldSetHeightfieldData
- Fixed cylinder AABB computation.
- Removed ALLOCA calls from dHashSpace; it should not depend on stack size limits anymore.
- Bugs in AMotor joint (patch #181)
- Bugs in PU joint (patch #186)
- Fixed issues reported in patches #151 and #22 (collisions with SAPSpace and QuadTreeSpace might not work because geometries list was misused in them).
- Fixed zero comparisons in OPCODE to use relative error instead of absolute epsilon value (found by Bill Sellers)
- Bug #80 by Georg Martius: better handling of capsule-box with deep penetrations.
- Fixed zero-mu issues: now either mu or mu2 can be set to zero.
... and more!
After this release ODE is migrating from SourceForge + SVN to Bitbucket + Hg.
Check the wiki for the updated instructions on accessing the Hg repository.